Friday, February 26, 2010

Six months and a Bar Exam later ...

I'm back!

It's been 2 months, and I just finished the bar. Thank goodness. What a long drawn out process and I missed everyone's blogs here. I'm still a little shell-shocked from all the bar exam "excitement" but I wanted to check back in.

I was digging through some old pictures again, looking for some gems. I truly wished I had taken more photos of Sparky, but I guess it would never be enough anyhow. I can't believe it has been 6 months now. Some days it feels like he was just here yesterday... But, I'm excited to be back and can't wait to read everyone's blog updates! :)

More later ...

 
This always cracked me up. In the 'old days', Sparky  would
be chasing lizards all morning long, circling the wood stack like
a mad dog.

4 comments:

  1. Oh what a wonderful photo! I never knew Sparky but these photographs and your writing really make me feel as though I am meeting him right now. He was quite a guy, I can tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite the character, that Sparky! I can't believe it's been six month, either...! I'm glad, though, that you're doing well and, especially, that the bar is in the past and your results will be wonderful, I'm sure.

    I'm with you, on it seeming like just yesterday, some times. I saw a man, in our town, walking two Britt's, they didn't even look like Joe, but I started sobbing while waiting in line at the bank drive-thru. There are moments when it's just as raw as the day we said good-bye, and then others when we start talking about a new addition.

    Great photo of your boy...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha haa - I have a similar shot if Indiana in a wood pile hunting for mice. (such a terrier). I'll have to post that sometime.

    Glad you're back. Hope all went well with the bar exam.
    It's still weird for me to not have my Indie. I still find myself talking to her, even when Scarlett is around. Usually I'm talking about Scarlett to Indie before I realize I only have one dog!! Indie was a great teacher to dogs at our shop, and she seemed to enjoy being a "leader" and bossing other dogs around. Plus, she was my other half, you know how that is! And when this half gets frustrated or pushed to the limit, it was the other half that pulled us through.

    Although I have to admit, I still feel like a team with my Indie, it's just on a whole different level now. And I try not to think to hard on her because, well. . . .she can't exactly "rest in peace" if my heart is screaming out in frustration to her! As if I didn't put her through enough of my woes in life. . .

    It certainly is an awesome and ponderous bond we have with our dogs, ponderous indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that you're back and the exam is behind you. The time without our sidekicks marches on and still we miss them so much. I am thinking that it will always be this way and in some weird and wonderful way, I am happy about that. It keeps it real, at least to me. Cheers. xo

    ReplyDelete