Sunday, July 26, 2009

It's a Good Day

Last night, Sparky and I we finally got some rest. I think he only woke me 3 times, which is not bad at all. Hardly any panting. And early in the morning, he came up to my bed and stuck in his face into my face, clearly ready for the new day. What a way to start the day!!!!!



All day he's been in great shape. Such a difference from yesterday. He wants to go on walks constantly, he wags his tail, tries digging through our trash can, makes goofy faces at me ... Life is great right now. I feel like all hope has been restored.

I have noticed that since I switched to all-protein, he's been having problems pooping ... I wonder if that's temporary, or if something else is going on? Also, he still seems a little weak on his hind legs, and it seems he's a little unsteady when doing 'business'. Hopefully tomorrow I hear from the holistic vet, I want to get started. I hate wasting time at the moment. I just need to know I am doing something...

But most of all, it's a beautiful day ... I feel I got Sparky back for now, not just a shell, but the whole package, including his little pranks he plays ... Thank you, thank you, thank you.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad it's a good day. A warm puppy (and his mom) deserve that! Love to you both. Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That look...it tears at my heartstrings. Pure love. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, he's got very soulful eyes. I can't imagine a day without them looking at me. Thank you both. M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you've found a community of people who can so immediately relate to your pain. Even though it seems silly to some (including myself at one point) to reach out to strangers rather than close family, somehow it does help. I didn't take the time to think about why it helps, I had other things on my mind.
    You keep fighting the fight!!! And let Sparky know it's ok to have a bad day now and again.

    ReplyDelete