Thursday, July 30, 2009

On the Up and Up


Finally. I was finally able to get an appointment with that highly recommended vet. Next Monday at 1 PM we'll drive out to her house. Since Sparky is pretty mobile, and he still loves to 'go places', I decided to meet her at her house, instead of having her come to our house. I can't wait. I guess the Neoplasene is the most likely treatment. At least, from what I've been reading, it has had the most effect. I finally feel like we're doing something. Even though, I would like to think that the diet has changed him already. He seems much perkier these days. Still a little slow on the back legs, but insists on taking walks over walks ... Also, I found a way to get him to eat the Omega 3, 6, and 9 capsules. I used to just squeeze them into the food and then he refused to eat. Now I take on soup spoon of cottage cheese, squeeze the liquid in, stir and sprinkle the top with fresh bacon bits. NO PROBLEM! Hah. I know, big feat getting one over on my dog ... lol ... but he's gotten to be pretty cranky at times ... I think he realizes he's 15 and feels that he can boss me around all day, which of course, I am a complete enabler to his diva-like behavior ... or would that be divo? :D

2 comments:

  1. 'Divo'-- HA! I'm just so happy that Sparky is feeling good these last few days. This is the most precious of times for the both of you (I know, you know this). Hang on to him now like never before...you are both so lucky in love.

    'Go Sparky Go'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am so happy too. We are attached at the hip now, not like we weren't before, but now it's become real crazy for us :) I love it. His regular vet just called to check in, and even she's surprised that he's done a complete 180 and she feels very positive that the holistic vet will be able to help him :) Yay!

    Thank you for your continued support.

    ReplyDelete